Friday, October 15, 2010

Tolerance And Discrimination

Tolerance to me means to be able to put up with someone. To put up with some one who gets on your nerves all the time. To be able to hold back whatever you want to say or do when you have to deal with them. For me I know this kid who I have to deal with on a daily bases. Who to me just completely makes a fool of themselves just for attention. They make rude remarks to me or to other people who are my friends. They can get EXTREMELY annoying. But I put up with them. I don't make remarks back to them. I don't act the same way they do. I treat them the way I would want to be treated. Remember two wrongs DO NOT make a right. There for I have tolerance for them because when you think about it... Ten years from now I'm not going to care what they think or possibly not even know them. But then again when you're older you'll still have to deal with people like them but they can be tolerated.

Discrimination to me means to be unfair to someone for there race, gender or beliefs( There religion). I think that's just stupid. Every ones the same on the inside. Were all human. Like when women were not aloud to vote but men were? That's just ridiculous. Women are just as smart as men are. And racism I hate it. Who cares if your black, white or Asian. Were all the same. There's no reason to treat someone like garbage just because of here skin colour. And with different beliefs or religion. That's just there opinion on something. There's no need to hate. I think everyone should be treated fairly no matter what race no matter what gender no matter what religion.

-Kelly :)

2 comments:

  1. Excellent post, Kelly!
    But what about other forms of discrimination? For example, discrimination based on age or sexual orientation? Do you think these types of discrimination are just as ridiculous?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I totally forgot to put those two in! Yes, I do think there just as ridiculous.
    Age is just a number and anyone can make a difference no matter how old you are.
    With sexual orientation it's not a big deal that people like the same gender as them. They love who they love and they can't help it. It's no different really from liking the opposite gender, and it's there opinion and there choice there's no harm coming out of it so I don't understand why people have such a problem with it.

    -Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete